Hi,

>   I'll post a bug on Fedora's bug
> tracker, but if anyone using this list knows what kind of information I
> can provide to them, that would help.

Please have a look at http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki

Specifically TestingAndDebugging/Capturing debugging info without networking

Additionally maybe use the "driconf" tool last Tab (Errorhandling) and
report if these settings will make a difference. (disabling direct
rendering, flushing buffers ....

You may try to remove the $(HOME)/.driconf file.

Cheers,
   Olaf

PS: My DELL E4300 (intel gm45) was very unstable under ubuntu maverick
10.10 with fg, and rock solid in lucid (10.04). I switched back...