On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Andreas Gaeb wrote:
> ok, I found the cause for this one. FGPropagate's members
> LocalTerrainRadius, SeaLevelRadius and VehicleRadius are not initialized
> in the constructor but only later in InitModel(). FGInitialCondition

Andreas, thanks a lot for debugging this! Any help with investigating
such issues is very welcome!
We had already invested quite a bit of effort into resolving this
issue (and other related tricky problems have only recently been fixed
by James - and since there were obviously several different causes,
all resulting in the same kind of exceptions, we now know why this
thing proved to be so difficult). If these patches finally fix the
infamous "NaN on reset" bug, then that's really, really great for the
upcoming release.

And everyone else: please test & report any further issues happening
upon reset.
http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=222

cheers,
Thorsten