On 4 February 2011 22:44, Martin Spott <martin.sp...@mgras.net> wrote:

>   ....  and maybe restore individual files from here - or configure
> with "--disable-atcdcl", which, as far as I remember, has recently been
> re-enabled by default.

Yes I vaguely remember that too. Unfortunately,

configure:18083: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --disable-atcdcl

Further experiment:
Running fgfs --fg-root=/path/to/old/FGROOT the sim actually makes it further
enough to show the cockpit and scenery, then segfaults after about 2 to 3
seconds of runtime, at the exact same spot

0x080e91e9 in FGATCMgr::update (this=0x53791970, dt=0.033333333333333333)
    at ATCmgr.cxx:119

Note that with the GIT FGROOT the sim doesn't even make it to the cockpit &
scenery stage of startup.

This suggests that the problem is more than that of missing files...?

-ivan