Am Montag, den 04.04.2011, 19:01 +0200 schrieb Erik Hofman:

> > > The Fokker 100 was never released under the GPL3 by me so it's still
> > > GPL2. If there's a license stating otherwise it's wrong.
> >
> > ..you meant GPLv2-and-later, not GPLv2-only?
>
> GPL2 or later, which doesn't mean the license of the version in the
> base package can be changed to GPL3 without my permission.
>
> Erik

No, this is exactly allowed.
That's the reason why the two words "or later" were added, when the
GPLv2 was created.

The creators of the license thought about what to do when a change of
the license is needed and the developers get unreachable for example
when they pass away.

So this is completly compliant with the "GPL2 or later" license, your
permission is not needed, you already gave it with accepting the "or
later" passus.

To make this impossible a "GPL2 only" passus is necessary, but this has
other disadvantages like other problems that could arise in future and a
new version would make sense.

Just my 2 cents for clarification.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.