xsaint wrote:

> We should also warn ppl that Flightgear being repackaged and sold by some
> individuals and we encourage them to download the sim from Flightgear
> instead of buying those craps....

Note that by discouraging repackaging in general you will create a situation
in which we shoot ourselves in the foot.
GPL explicitely grants the right to repackage a product and get a compensation
for it and in general it is an appreciatable action if somebody packs in
FlightGear, adds sophisticated documentation and support plus maybe some more
for the sake of usability and sells the whole thing for whatever he feels is
an appropriate compensation satisfying his business model. In fact FlightGear
might benefit from that. One of the success factors of Linux is based on the
fact that eg. SUSE exactly did this.

The problem we are facing with guys like FSP is not *that* they repackaged the
whole thing but *how* they did it and *how* they advertise it.

Transporting the message "We don't like (commercial) repackaging at all" is a
message which imho should not be transported-

My few cts.

Oliver