On Saturday 02 July 2011 17:52:23 Chris Wilkinson wrote:
> I re-read the messages on starting and I see...
>
> loadxml: reading '' denied (unauthorized access)

/**
 * An fgcommand to allow loading of xml files via nasal,
 * the xml file's structure will be made available within
 * a property tree node defined under argument "targetnode",
 * or in the given argument tree under "data" otherwise.
 *
 * @param filename a string to hold the complete path & filename of an XML file
 * @param targetnode a string pointing to a location within the property tree
 * where to store the parsed XML file. If <targetnode> is undefined, then the
 * file contents are stored under a node <data> in the argument tree.
 */

static bool
do_load_xml_to_proptree(const SGPropertyNode * arg)
{
    SGPath file(arg->getStringValue("filename"));
    if (file.str().empty())
        return false;

    if (file.extension() != "xml")
        file.concat(".xml");

    std::string icao = arg->getStringValue("icao");
    if (icao.empty()) {
        if (file.isRelative()) {
          file = globals->resolve_maybe_aircraft_path(file.str());
        }
    } else {
        if (!XMLLoader::findAirportData(icao, file.str(), file)) {
          SG_LOG(SG_IO, SG_INFO, "loadxml: failed to find airport data for "
            << file.str() << " at ICAO:" << icao);
          return false;
        }
    }

    if (!fgValidatePath(file.c_str(), false)) {
        SG_LOG(SG_IO, SG_ALERT, "loadxml: reading '" << file.str() << "' denied
"
                "(unauthorized access)");
        return false;
    }

This fragment from src/Main/fg_commands.cxx is the source of that error
message. If you look closely, you'll see a file name is supposed to be in
those quote marks. A file name that appears not to exist in the current case.

It to me, for that to happen globals->resolve_maybe_aircraft_path(file.str())
is returning a null. Is FG_AIRCRAFT set to a valid path or unset?

Also, this is apparently nasal related. Is the path allowed in Nasal/IOrules?

Ron