FG 2.4 consistency.

Hello,

You don't know us since we are newbee, (3 months working seriously
with FG).
We are a team ( 4 guys and a lady ).

We have had several talks with several devel team persons about a
 Catalina model update.

That update has been rejected arguing that everything is frozen until
FG 2.4 will be freed, considered consistent, without any bug.

We can understand such rule, it is the best way in relation with
programs  simgear , flightgear, osg, plib, nd a lot of data from data
directory (gui, nasal,  and others we are forgetting) .

It is the Wrong way for the Aircraft models, since the checking of
consistency wants first a consistent FG program.

With Catalina, our target  was to make an update consistent with the
coming FG 2.4 in order to replace the old Catalina  buggy idiot
version (was probably right with an older FG version 1.9 ?) which is
in the "FG DOWNLOAD PAGES".
Unfortunately we discovered quickly we could not get any good result
with FG git, which was  that buggy it could not work correctly (mainly
with the MS Windows version), we were met with that difficulty for a
long period.
We were patient,  waiting for fixes , contributing also to the Fg
Google Bug List, and working partly with a Linux version.

How are you walking ? on the head ?  since you reverse the priority.

The answer from these devel team persons, was a joke, at least to us,
they said "we will include your project with FG 2.6"  ( February ?),
they probably make fun of us ( do you consider newbee are not serious
?).
That model will be again not consistent , how will be FG 2.6 ? we
don't know.
In spite of the good level of our team,  nobody here is able to answer
that question, even if we are studying carefully the progress on
JSBSim-devel ( congratulation to the jsbsim team ).

Don't tell us we can work and update in parallel since testing a model
is ever BEHIND a WORKING FG program.

We don't mind the lost of "our fives persons" time spent  on the
Catalina, since we can learn from it.
We have learnt we must not contribute to GPL update within FG, since
the FG team answers does not convince us to contribute, we do not want
to waste time.

To please to the users, our model will be ever checked against an FG
stable version.
We will start that rule with FG 2.4, offering our models within our
pages, but, under an other license.

Sorry for our  English, mainly middle east native ( and living
partly in France , south ).

Best regards

Sent through FG devel-mail without subscribing (we hope it will be
sent)
And sent to the fg forum

--
David and Josh ( the others are in vacation)  for the E.E.K.P.O.
GrthTeam