On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 15:24 +0200, grth_team wrote:
> FG 2.4 consistency.
>
> Hello,
>
> You don't know us since we are newbee, (3 months working seriously
> with FG).
> We are a team ( 4 guys and a lady ).
>
> We have had several talks with several devel team persons about a
>  Catalina model update.
>
> That update has been rejected arguing that everything is frozen until
> FG 2.4 will be freed, considered consistent, without any bug.

It's not so much rejected, but declined to be included in GIT.

The current release process is quite new to all of us so there might
come up some unforeseen problems. Clearly this is one of them. It's
unfortunate since you've put so much work in it, but then remember; so
have all of use (or at least the great majority has).

Judging from this email it wasn't the intention just to drop your
efforts with the flip of a switch but it just happens to be bad timing;
if you could have offered it three weeks ago everything would have been
fine.

You are free to offer the model on your own (many aircraft developers to
this for one reason or another) and I for one am pleased to see others
to step up to improve upon our current aircraft.

So I would advise to try to get it included just after the new release
and then when the 2.6 release is in feature freeze you could still get
bug fixes included (which are probably minor compared to a complete
overhaul).

> To please to the users, our model will be ever checked against an FG
> stable version.
> We will start that rule with FG 2.4, offering our models within our
> pages, but, under an other license.

I have tot state that it is not allowed to change the license unless:
 * everything you use is your own work
 * or you're moving to a more restrictive license that is still open
   source (which is hard in case of the GPL).

Erik