On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Gijs de Rooy wrote:
> Okay, it isn't plain text (we can easily convert it once it's done, altough
> I cannot think of a place where we'd publish
> a plain-text-changelog, apparently we stopped updating the fgdata/NEWS
> file), but this will allow us to work together
> on a nice release announcement/changelog, so nothing important is missed and
> everything is stated correctly and
> properly spelled.
>
> Feel free to add/edit/remove http://wiki.flightgear.org/Changelog_2.4.0

Good work Gijs.

It's been such a long time since the last release, I had to look a the
v2.0.0 changelog to check what was new! In looking at the last
changelog, we mentioned shader support, so I think we might want to
de-emphasise it slightly. There have been significant developments in
that area, but shaders themselves are not new.

I've added native multiscreen support.

I think there are a couple of items currently on the list that are
fairly minor, and detract from some of the major improvements that
have happened. I'd suggest that they are removed, but didn't want to
remove them without comment:

Aircraft operations:
- Indicated airspeed (IAS) limitations can be indicated on the
airspeed indicator  - Surely this is a straightforward model
improvement rather than a new feature?
- Improved autopilots - Seems a duplicate of "Wind-up prevention on
simple autopilot systems"
- A new head-up display (HUD) system - is this really new?

AI Traffic - should these be included in Scenery Improvements?

Navigation:
- Autopilots can be driven by NAV or GPS instruments  - surely this
isn't new? I suspect this refers to a particular aircraft

-Stuart