> We don't normally maintain 2 versions: we leave the last stable as is,
> and
> only work on the Git version. If it's too much work, or too confusing I
> would suggest you abandon the version intended to be distributed via
> Forums, since that is not how we usually conduct our business.

That's precisely my point - at the expense of a few lines Nasal, it can be
one version working with both last stable and current devel - which is why
the code I distribute is as it is.

This setup works fine until someone else doesn't commit the code as I
prepared it but alters it before committing to GIT to get rid of the 40 or
so extra lines which are only needed for compatibility with last stable.
Then my code and the committed code are different, and I can't reasonably
maintain that.

I'm not suggesting how you should conduct your business, I'm telling about
what I do and warning that if someone removes the compatibility lines
before committing to GIT, he'll have to do it every time I update the
code, because for the reasons given above my version will not have the
lines removed.

If you read the forums, you quite often come across disappointed users
who'd like to test a new aircraft/feature/... shown there, but it doesn't
run with last stable, although often a fix is often trivial (a single
property with different name,...) - I don't see why we can't make things
backward compatible as long as that's just such trivial issues, I prefer a
happy userbase if it costs me nothing :-)

Cheers,

* Thorsten