Am 04.08.2011 08:57, schrieb thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi:
>> Please note, the check for
>> features.can_disable_environment == 1 is gone now. It doesn't make any
>> sense there.
>
> In a current GIT, none of the checks make any sense, because current GIT
> always has all the features. On the other hand, the purpose of the
> compat_layer.nas is to provide compatibility of the weather to the last
> stable release - so when 2.4 is out, I will remove all compatibility
> checks, but as time goes on new ones will be added - which again allow you
> to run later versions on 2.4, but give GIT users all the new shining
> features.

Sorry, I was unclear.
The computation of wind-from-down-fps can not be disabled at all, it is
independent of the feature can_disable_environment.

In the code before September 2010, this property was computed in the C++
core and was updated at frame-rate.
 From September 2010 up to a few days ago, this property was set only
from within the local-weather code and from nowhere else (which was a bug).
Today that property gets computed by a property rule (xml-based
computation) and gets updated at frame rate. It is the sum of three
properties(ridge, AI and local weather lift), the local weather code
computes one of those three. It can do so whenever it wants to do and
this does not depend on any feature.

That's why I removed the condition check. Id did not make any sense in a
past version, it did not while there was a bug and it does not today.

I suggest to adjust your original version and adapt this change.

Torsten