On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Rob <r...@dragondark.us> wrote:
> Hi all, another question.
>
>   I'm trying to get control of the magnetos to give me off, left,
> right, and both conditions. Right now I have this bit of code:
>

> In -set.xml:
>
> <key n="111">
> <name>o</name>
> <desc>Toggle Mags Off</desc>
> <binding>
> <command>nasal</command>
> <script>R22.Off_Mag()</script>
> </binding>
> </key>
>
>                                                         Which should
> take the key 'o' and send to the R22.nas for the next bit of code.
>
> In R22.nas
>
>            var Off_Mag = func{
>             setprop("controls/engines/engine[0]/magnetos",0);
>             setprop("engines/engine[0]/running",0);
>                }
>
>                                                         According to
> what I have been able to gather, this should set the mag position to
> '0', or off, and kill the engine.
>

> Unfortunately, nothing happens when I run the code, the helo continues
> to run as if nothing has happened. Is there something obviuos I am
> overlooking?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Rob

Howdy Rob,

A YASim FDM helicopter doesn't usually define an engine in the
conventional sense. In addition to what you've already done, you might
have to terminate the fuel flow to kill the engine. I had a quick look
at the R22-- it looks like Syd has a similar routine for killing the
engine in R22.nas, but he calls it /after/ fuel supply is terminated.
You might have a look at that for ideas if you haven't already. I'm
guessing Syd will come on after a while and give you some more
information.

-Gary aka Buckaroo