Hi all

I created a new experimental mapnik mapserver. It is based on
mapnik/ogcserver/tilecache/postgis/postgres. For testing purposes I
pushed 850 aeronautical data from Robin Peel into the database and
render some example queries. The database "knows" the whole world, the
example is restricted to a bounding box for testing purposes (8/40/11/44).

When all goes fine I can show another experimental example soon with
recent FlightGear data, via the official FlightGear mapserver. The code
of this project goes free and open source to the FGx repo (while the
data of the current example is restricted to non-commercial use).

Any comments, suggestions and ideas, contribution welcome !

http://maptest.fgx.ch

Cheers, Yves