Am 24.08.11 17:51, schrieb Gijs de Rooy:

> Btw, is the "taxiway" layer not yet implemented, or is that another broken
> thing?

The taxiways were broken because I first needed a way to handle the
current 810 taxiway patchwork shapetry ...
http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/taxidraw.png

I converted such taxiway shapes with 300 overlapping polygons and 1200
small holes per airport to one single polygon here, and this is the
result now on the map, i.e. EHAM:
http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/eham.png

For now I hope that with this "cleaning" I do not miss some parts, i.e.
where the patchwork produced completely invalid geometry, kicked away by
grass etc.

The ILS "centerlines" with valid ranges I started to calculate with a
new library very useful for such things, just to add as a note:
http://geographiclib.sourceforge.net/html/other.html#python

Now I wrote some lazy python scripts to take lat/lon/range/heading from
our current data to write a postgis sql dump, which gives me a valid
table with all the ILS centerlines over the world, as line geometry for
the map. An inconvenient way probably, but it works well ;-)

Cheers, Yves

PS. I am really curious how genapts "calculate" the taxiway patchworks
and how fgfs deal with all this points. I must confess I am too lazy to
dive into that. I am looking for an expermental way how I can create
airport scenery without this
"cover-an-area-with-a-number-of-different-lines". Might be ok for
runways, but for the airport area/taxiways ... ? Maybe I miss some points.