Is there support for the --prefix= concept of autoconf?  I really struggled
to find anything like that in OSG's cmake config and it appeared I would be
forced to define a really ugly/long list of environment variables before
running make install in order to accomplish a similar thing (installing
somewhere other than /usr/local/ or using an installation somewhere outside
of /usr/local/

In the end I just gave my hope to manage a couple different versions of osg,
and just wrote over my older version with the newer version.

Thanks,

Curt.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Martin Spott wrote:

> Curtis Olson wrote:
>
> > I'm just hoping the cmake jocks will put themselves in the position of
> > non-cmake jocks and help ease the transition from multiple fronts for
> many
> > of our different classes of users/developers.
>
> With CMake there's a list of flags you're appending to the 'cmake' call
> similarly to calling 'configure' with custom flags - and with no flags
> at all it'll create a default build for you depending on the
> prerequisites installed on your system.  Thus, there's nothing terribly
> different from Automake ....  except from the fact that you will
> _always_ have to append the source directory for CMake - which will be
> a simple trailing dot for in-tree-builds  ;-)
>
> Rest assured that work to bring the CMake build system for SimGear and
> FlightGear onto the same level as the former build systems is already
> in progress.
>
> Cheers,
>        Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org