On 18 Oct 2011, at 23:21, dave perry wrote:

> 2.  Assuming the answers are no, yes, to #1, will all these repositories
> be centrally located so one can track new or modified ac of interest?
>
> 3.  Is there any interest in creating repositories by ac class/type?
> e.g. historical, military-fighter, military-transport,
> civilian-light-ac, airliners, etc.

Jus tot keep repeating (forever, until I have time to write the code) - don't
confuse development and deployment here. The package system I'm working on
includes the notion of aircraft catalogs (each an XML feed), listing aircraft.
It's up to the catalog maintainer which aircraft he adds to it (or authors he
allows to add to the catalog), and it's up to the end-users which catalog(s)
they subscribe too.

I'm also trying to force some metadata as part of this, about era / type /
usage, so someone could create a '1950s Military' catalog, or alternatively use
a 'all-aircraft' catalog, and then do a filter by era / class / license /
rating / something else.

James