On 26 Dec 2011, at 00:54, Gary Neely wrote:

> For quite some time many models will endlessly spew the following
> warning to the console:
>
> Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after
> RenderBin::draw(..)

I'm having something which *may* be similar. To check if it's the same issue,
please set the following environment variable, and run fgfs again:

        OSG_GL_ERROR_CHECKING=ONCE_PER_ATTRIBUTE

And post the actual attribute number that is logged)

> This may be dependent on graphics cards-- I have an ATI-based HD 3850
> from a few years ago, so maybe many folks don't see this warning. I
> think there's also a way to suppress it. But it was bugging me that my
> own older models spew this warning while my newer efforts don't. At
> first I figured it was a 3D model or shader issue, but I found that
> eliminating all 3D models and animations down to a simple non-textured
> cube had no effect.

That sounds like a different issue to mine, but we shall see. In general, the
Ati drivers seem much stricter in checking state that the nVidia drivers accept
and tolerate.

> Working under FG 2.4 with various -set.xml files, after a lengthy
> process of elimination and replacement I finally found what is
> triggering the warnings: the 'radar' instrumentation module. When I
> remove that module from the instrumentation import XML, the warnings
> stop. The radar module is included in the generic instrumentation file
> that many aircraft use, Aircraft/Generic/generic-instrumentation.xml,
> which explained why so many planes generate the warning.

That's strange indeed - as you say, the radar should not be used if not
included, since it can eat a few FPS to generate the texture. Its state-sets
are pretty simple, so I will be very interested to see what error is reported
once you set the environment variables above.

James