Continuing the list:

DG-101G:

I tried to do some soaring in the DG-101G. There seems to be something
wrong with the plane's inertia.

* To turbulence, it reacts much more violently than other planes. I
thought a while ago that this may be due to a different implementation of
turbulence in YaSim and JSBSim, but I'm not sure any more. Even a moderate
magnitude of 0.2 leads to wild ups and downs from -4 m/s to + 4 m/s (the
variomenter seems to react instantly, which is another thing which isn't
very realistic).

* The real giveaway is aerotow. I have to add that this is something I can
fly and have done in real life, there's no way I am doing anything wrong.
On the ground, when the dragger starts to pull and the rope comes under
tension, the glider suddenly accelerates forward to ~180 km/h rises wildly
and *overshoots* the dragger as if even the small force exerted by the
rope could accelerate the glider tremendously (no intertia). In reality,
it takes a lot of time to accelerate the glider under aerotow on the
ground - for about 10 seconds someone needs to run with the glider to keep
the wings level, for another 10 seconds or so the glider can do it on its
own, then the glider lifts off the ground, finally the dragger lifts. It
is quite physically impossible for the glider to overshoot the drag plane
from above (and quite easy in the simulation), basically all you need to
do is keep behind the dragger and try not to lift its tail too much,
controlling speed is not an issue.

In addition, I was unable to get any brake action either on the ground or
in the air. The ground friction coefficients seem to be all wrong, the
plane can roll for a kilometer after touchdown, but in reality once the
tail comes down, that exerts quite a bit of drag and slows the plane down
even if no brakes are applied to the wheel.

Right now the only thing that does seem to work properly is gliding
outside of thermals (probably the missing inertia factor cancels here, or
the problem is with external forces only, but there are none?).

English Electric Lightning:

Nothing wrong with it, but if anyone would like to add a new splash screen
picture, I have a nice series from the top of a ballistic arc at around
65.000 ft with nice aerial views of Nevada. Just let me know.

* Thorsten