thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote:

> * The real giveaway is aerotow. I have to add that this is something I can
> fly and have done in real life, there's no way I am doing anything wrong.

I'm quite familiar with the opposite end of the rope and I'm well aware
of the deficiencies of aerotowing in FlightGear.  Anyhow as far as I
understand there'll be no "solution" as long as MP aircraft are being
fed into each others FG instances they way they are now via the AI
stack without strict time sync.
There might be a "workaround" by adding some more damping to the bungee
rope, but given the fact that every MP scenario is affected by
different latencies, I'm sure there's no way to get the best for all
with the same rope parameters.

> [...] In reality,
> it takes a lot of time to accelerate the glider under aerotow on the
> ground - for about 10 seconds someone needs to run with the glider to keep
> the wings level, for another 10 seconds or so the glider can do it on its
> own, then the glider lifts off the ground, finally the dragger lifts.

Which motor aircraft do you use for towing ? Given the above figures I
suspect you're using the Piper Cub, right ?  Did you ever try the Grob
G115 ? I've never flown that one, neither in RL nor in FG, but I
*guess* it's probably the closest in performance and FDM credibiliy to
commonly used towing aircraft.

Cheers,
        Martin.