On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:09:57 +0100, BARANGER wrote in message
<4f3b6855.1000...@free.fr>:

> Le 15/02/2012 00:58, flightgear-devel-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net a
> écrit :
>
> Hey Ant,

..me, I try to be wiser than those 6 legged critters. ;o)

> You cite in your response the write of Clement, but it's wrong !
> > The original author of basic XML animation for model is Emmanuel
> > Baranger The original author of instruments panel is Alexis Laille
>
> Absolutely and totally false! The first version, albeit a very
> simple, is my work. Alexis Laille has nothing to do with that!

..but did he write _another_ instrument panel _from_scratch_,
or, did he _build_upon_your_ very simple one?
Goes between "Big Difference!!!" thru "it depends."

> I have a habit of always (or almost)

..always!=almost always, Big Time[tm], so you wanna bridge your own
"almost" abyss, or risk more of these accusations, due to your own
sloppy habits.  Easiest way may be simply publish a list of which
aircraft you published without any instrument panel.

> provide a minimum panel for "my"
> aircrafts before they are available online.
>
> "my" aircrafts: Not because they are mine, but simply because they
> are available in my hangar.

..which is where you publish your and other people's FG work under
the GPL.

> > But here it's not the problem of "who is the author model". The
> > problem is => the minimum politeness is to ask to the PAF team if we
> > accept to see our contributions committed.
>
> It's the world upside down here. These people change and improve a
> project that I started alone.

..did they publish their work on e.g. a website for you to fetch
to include into your work?

> And it is me that must to ask permission.

..those who have no license, _must_ ask for one such permission,
or risk facing the wrath of copyright law.  Depends on _who_ owns
_what_, again.

> Many authors aircrafts will die laughing when they read
> that.

..and some find themselves having to apologize themselves
out of a smoking crater.

> Vivian, I'm sorry for that answer, but I can not really let write
> lies that implicate my credibility and my seriousness.

...or that of any FG code.

> It is sad to see these people try by all means to destroy and damage
> FG. But I know that everyone here will judge with intelligence and
> wisdom.

..you assume mr Quisling was _the_only_ quisling.  We have quite
a few more such stories over at http://groklaw.net/ , Mono and C#
are but 2 such with nice code by nice and competent people trying
to setup copyright or patent litigation traps on GPL people.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: