Hi T{h,}orsten,

I'm pretty sure the sky dome disabling was an attempt at frame rate
optimization from years ago -- which probably seems pretty silly with
today's hardware.

I bet there's a line of code somewhere that looks like:

if ( visibility_meter > 1000 ) {
   do_sky_dome_stuff();
}

Probably a very simple fix once we find where that code lives these days.

Curt.