Tested under Gentoo with a Radeon HD 4670 and the fglrx driver: Works.
Render previews show up and the overall performance is nice.

I also ran a short test with the opensource radeon driver. There, the GLSL
version 1.3 was too much for it. I got a picture however.

Can't wait to see the render previews combined :)

Chris