On Wednesday 02 May 2012 10:53:31 Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 May 2012 11:43:28 Emilian Huminiuc wrote:
> > > The default effects usually specify their techniques with higher
> > > numbers to >allow any inheriting effect to insert their own
> > > techniques below them, >techniques that get activated by the same
> > > condition.
> >
> > Actualy this should read:
> >
> > The default effects usually specify their techniques with higher
> > numbers to allow any inheriting effect to insert their own
> > techniques below them, techniques that get activated by the same or
> > any stricter condition.
>
> But when two techniques use the same number, they are merged.
> I don't know if it was intended but one effect can modify one of
> it's parent without rewriting the predicate, and can lead to problems
> when we need to reassign numbers
>
> Regards,
> -Fred

 I would say it's intended and it's very powerful. We only need to be careful
with technique numbers.
 Take a look at how I worked around the binormal/tangent generator crashing
for objects that are not textured in the model-combined effect: by enabling
the generator for that technique only in child effects that are supposedly
applied *only* to textured objects. All these with only a couple of xml
entries, and not requiring a different "complete" effect.
(Ref: Docs/model-combined.eff/)