On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 16:21 +0200, Björn Kesten wrote:
> Since ATI driver support doesn't even qualify as "bloody awful",
> you're better off running FG in Windows - at least until you get a
> newer card or the open source driver gets a huuuuuuuuuuuge performance
> boost.
>
> (With an X1300 , I get nearly twice the FPS in Win 7 compared to Linux)
>

> B.

Hi Björn,

Yes, this box started out with just Windows Vista 32-bit,
and the HD 2600 XT advertises 'good' DirectX 10 support,
which is maybe why Dell chose it...

So maybe this is a good time to go back to Windows ;=))
to at least see what happens there... but one problem
there is that the GRUB dual boot has 'block' the Vista
updates for a long time now...

In Ubuntu my fps is only in the 30-40 range... and have
been thinking about getting another card...

One of my earlier questions was - Is there a list of cards
that work well with Rembrandt? Assume your X1300 is one of
them?

And none of this explains why Rembrandt CRASHES the
Radeon HD 7770 - it stops working, and goes into
auto-recovery - in my Windows 7 64-bit box. Without
Rembrandt the fps there is 60...

Regards,
Geoff.