Hi Thorsten,

On 07 Nov 2012, at 08:52, Renk Thorsten wrote:

> If I'm not much mistaken, during the last year we got (in addition to
> Rembrandt):
>
> * atmospheric light scattering
> * regional texturing
> * placement masks for random objects
> * procedural texturing
> * Canvas with all the goodies for HUDs and MFDs and the GUI
>
> Surely there must be something in this list which qualifies as major
> innovation? Surely this is not _all_ my personal bias that I like certain
> features? :-)

Please note that I never said that we didn't *have* any major new features. The
major difference between previous years and this year was that we didn't have
*obvious* eye catchers. Every feature you mention is really a great
improvement, but they are not sufficiently salient to be noticeable for the
casual visitor who spends maybe 5 seconds looking at our setup before deciding
to stay any longer of keep moving. Not in the sense of -lets say- an aerotowing
demo, or a 10-screen computer.

The features you mention are relevant for the visitor who is already
interested, but not sufficient as an eye-catcher.

Cheers,
Durk