Well, I've tried all sorts of combinations of pathnames, using different
path name specification forms (windows, linux, etc.) and I can get
FlightGear to run using several of the forms - and to load the scenery I
desire, as well - I cannot get both the custom scenery and the HUD symbology
to work at the same time. Note that I am using the external FDM, if that
makes a difference.

Using full pathnames I was able to get rid of the Nasal errors - and now
have no errors, but like I wrote, I still can't get both the HUD and custom
scenery at the same time. :-(

I'm currently suggesting that this is a bug.

Jon