On Friday, December 14, 2012 10:15:16 Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Renk Thorsten wrote:
> > Aw, that looks bad... I've never seen anything like, so my first guess
> > would be that it's one of these NVIDIA vs. ATI issues (which are really
> > tough to>
> >understand from my side with just NVIDIA cards available). For reference -
> >I've seen it running fine on a GeForce  8600M and on a GeForce GTX 670M.>
> > No idea what Stuart runs.
>
> I'm also running NVidia (GT260M).
>
> This looks to me to be one of two things:
> - a straight driver bug (worth checking if your drivers are out of date)
> - (less likely) we're going beyond the number of textures your card
> supports for a specific fragment shader.
>
> BTW - I just came across this:
> http://developer.amd.com/tools/graphics-development/gpu-shaderanalyzer/
>
> I've yet to download it, but it looks like it might be a very useful
> tool for those of us trying to improve shader performance.
>
> -Stuart

I'd rather use this one:

http://www.gremedy.com/downloadLinux.php

It has general OpenGL profiling features, but it also provides nice glsl
compiler errors/warnings, with a lot of other useful things (inspection of
various values the varyings/unifroms/attributes, textures, etc)
(The warning/error handling is better than what the drivers do in any case)
Also it has very little overhead for this use-case.
Emilian