Hi Stuart,

On Friday, January 18, 2013 00:04:35 Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> 1) Are there any significant features/enhancements that have been
> missed?  (Matthias: what HLA enhancements have been made, and can you
> provide a couple of suitable sentences describing them?  I'm happy to
> wordsmith any text)
Well, nothing user visible I think.
There is a lot of private code pushed into the repositry, and at some point
this tied together will make a lot of sense I think. But up to now just a lot
of loose ends.
What is there is a sketch of an AI module working on top of hla objects, this
sketch also shows how you can roll on ground - at least for solid ground.
Also fgviewer gained a lot of unfinished hla code that enables fgviewer to sit
on a hla configured view - more or less. At least a python script that I
regularily use for development providing this works fine.
Together with fgviewer there is also some work done on the scenegraph that is
used there. fgviewer is since some time just able to display a whole world
paged model that has the stg/btg files in the leafs. With this work there is
also some level of detail work done in the leaf nodes that is used by the
usual fgfs scene. On my setups here these changes accounted for some
performance gains which are also partly visible with fgfs.
So not sure if this is worth to be mentioned as there is nothing finally useful
for an end user there.

Greetings and thanks for collecting this.

Mathias