http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=385

Is about a problem with the viewport behaving very oddly, in certain Ati
catalyst drivers.

A kind person has worked out a hack, which fixes the issue, or at least avoids
it. It add an empty, pre-render camera to the scene, which I assume forces some
state which otherwise gets skipped in the Ati drivers.

If anyone has any strong opinions about applying the hack to the 2.10 release
branch, let me know. I'm currently undecided - it *is* a hack, but it fixes a
real and long-standing bug, and the cost to everyone else should be zero.

Regards,
James