On 28 Jan 2013, at 22:52, Curtis Olson <curtol...@flightgear.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, James Turner wrote:
> Yes of course, that's probably wise.
>
> This does mean that the default behavior is still broke for the people we are
> trying to help with this, but it at least offers a fix for anyone who's
> willing to ask (or hunt through the email archives.)
>
> Curt.

Right - my impression is the hack is zero-impact for non-affected people, so
making it on by default is a possibility, but I really don't have a handle on
how widespread the bug is - the forums and IRC aren't full of people screaming
about it, but equally it has been mentioned several times.

I'm going to add the code, bracketed by a property test, and default it to off
on the release branch, and to 'on' in 'next', **temporarily**. If anyone
running next sees any issues due to the code, they can report them and we will
get some data-points about if it's truly zero-impact for 'everyone else'
without jeopardising the stability of the release code. And flipping the
default property value on the release branch (even for a 2.10.1) will still be
an option.

James