> Something along these lines:
>
> $ git branch my-2.10.0 origin/release/2.10.0
>
> $ git checkout my-2.10.0
>
> Find the commit ids of the bug fix commits on the master branch
>
> $ git log master
>
> Cherry pick these to your local release branch
>
> $ git cherry-pick <id>

Okay, as usualy this is not so simple... I get

git cherry-pick dd678c2f8c5613fc600d88fae9faad3a516b5bc0

error: could not apply dd678c2... Bugfix for lower quality water shader in
Atmospheric Light Scattering
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'

I think I understand the problem, because there's a second bugfix having to do
with water later on the master branch, so presumably if I would have pushed the
changes to both branches right away it wouldn't have made any problems, but I
don't know how to resolve this properly now. Should I simply checkout the files
from master I need rather than cherry-pick? Or edit them? Does that matter for
the history in the end?

Sorry, I don't want to mess up the release branch, and I would much appreciate
a helping hand here.

* Thorsten