On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

>>> And then FX X is dead. It no longer exists. If you compare, do it
>>> with what exists. Xplane 10 (64 bit) or Prepar3D, this is the
>>> surviving of FS X (production of Lockheed Martin)
>>>
>> While your diatribe makes ZERO sense to me, you're incorrect that
>> "FSX is dead".
>
> ..I thought Microsoft end-lifed it?

As far as I know, they're still distributing it.  Games typically don't
get an official "EOL" like other products do.
They do still support it through their website although further
development ceased when they closed the ACES studio and sold the ESP
assets to Lockheed-Martin.

>> It's still being sold (you can buy brand new copies
>> from Amazon, right now) and it's still heavily supported by the
>> third-party developer community.
>
> ..yes, but not by Microsoft?

Yes, by Microsoft.

Note that until you stop beginning every sentence with "..", you're going
in my killfile.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007