Dear List,

I noticed a mismatch and want to suggest a fix, or ask for an
explanation:

In source code I found a max. text length of 256 (bytes) chars in MP
server and FG itself.

I made some tests and saw that this text length does not work. The text
is not being transferred if it gets too long. UDP can transmit 65KB so
its out of the game, I think.

I have tested with OpenRadar and a FG instance. The max. count of
transfered chars is

in OR: 128 chars
in FG from chat dialog less between 110 and 120.

As OR does not care about the chat message length, there seem to be
restriction in reception (128 bytes) and sending(~110-120) in FG

I know 128 is already a lot if you fly beside typing and reading. But
for ATIS messages etc. it is nice, if you don't have to care for some
less bytes, which might cause the message is not received.

Guess the issue is somewhere in FGs chat message handling...

W.