Stuart

> Sent: 09 May 2013 21:41
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Syncing sim time
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM,  Jack wrote:
> > Thanks to Jan Comans I've been able to sync the 3D clouds across three
> instances of fgfs running on a multi-core machine.  This, in turn,
provides for
> some very respectable frame rates of 40 to 50 fps per core with a three
> projector system with older generation Nvidia boards ( GT430 and GT440 )
on
> a 64bit I5 machine.  The visuals will be just awesome once the collimated
> display is completed later this year.
>
> Could you (or Jan) share with us what changes you had to make to allow
> synchronization across multiple instances?  I thought I'd added some code
> while back to make the pseudo-random number generator used start with
> the same seed for a given 10 minute window to address this, but was never
> in a position to test it myself.

You did indeed add some code - and I have tested it here on 2 machines and
on 2 instances on one machine. It doesn't seem to do what you intended.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57645542/clouds.png

I ensured that the 3D cloud settings were the same, using the same live
data. Do I need to do anything else?

Vivian