"* you have tree density to 0.7 in the shots, I had it at 2.4 - since
 there's lots of trees in the scene (it's tropical forest), that would be
expected to have an impact"

Yes the vegetation has a huge impact, i experienced  from 0;7 to   2.5 the
fps decrease is 40 %,  with or without Rembrandt.

The clouds density is right now less sensitive, only the visibility range
as an impact ( however, because of the eye candy we are using the maximum ).

Two GPU embedded  should not be an issue, though our system manager did not
noticed any significative improvement with the SLI architecture with FG ,
but it cant get some comparison since, with it, the display  is supposed to
be divided  (AFS or SFR).
It would be interesting to know how these two GPU are working together.

Ahmad