James,

Eventually I'd like to have a maintainable version on each branch.

What we have in fgmeta master and fgmeta 2.10.0 is script version 1.9.4
The one on 2.8.0 is even older, 1.31.  None of these work, mostly
because of the osg svn url change and maybe other things.  Someone
would have to test to find out.

Script version 1.9.10 which is currently on next does work as is for
next and 2.8.0.  You could merge that version back to master and the
download_and_compile.sh instructions on the wiki will work again.

I can backport the -B and -V options from the new script to a 1.9.11
based on 2.10.0. This minor change would mean the existing script could
support next/master, 2.12.0, 2.10.0, 2.8.0 and maybe even 2.6.0.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

-Pat