Hi,

Sadly, no. Flight pedals are not independent like the accelerator and brake
on a car. They pivot in the  middle. When you push one in, the other comes
out. They also have toe brakes which let you steer by  braking the left and
right main wheel independently. Maybe you could simulate just the toe brakes
though.

But I defnitely recommend getting proper pedals - twisting the  joystick
will never give you the  same control or feel.

Cheers,
Vik