By default FlightGear should only open up a single window, so it's strange
that the version you picked up on CD is doing this.  Have you tried our
official version (free) which you can download from www.flightgear.org.
 Could it be your notbook mirring the desktop (I assume not) but unless
you've specifically configured FlightGear to open up multple windows on
multiple desktops, it should never do that on it's own.

Menus and gui are always displayed on the first/primary display so perhaps
your copy is somehow configured for additional displays and the default
display is set for a monitor that doesn't exist on your system?

Strange ...

Curt.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Michael McFarland <mjmcfarl...@att.net>wrote:

> **
> I recently purchased the CD version of FlightGear (2.4.0).  After
> successfully installing and initiating the application with no
> modifications and making my selections, I see two banner screens displayed
> and then two cockpits displayed.  There are two FlightGear display sessions
> running, but only one actual FlightGear 2.4.0 application running. How do I
> configure FlightGear (or my computer) to display only one application
> session on only one display monitor? In addition, I see and I have access
> to no menu options. I am running the app in the following environment:
>
> HP Pavilion DC6700 Notebook PC with 3 GB of Ram
> Windows Professional  7 (sp1) 32 bit
> 1.83 GHz Intel Duo CPU
> Nvidia GEForce 8400M GS Video Adaptor
> Screen resolution of 1280 X 800 on a 15" display.
>
> Mike McFarland
> mjmcfarl...@att.net

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/