OK, two comments;

  The FMS code is written in Nasal, it's very unlikely that code could
make FG exit like that. There was a bug fix for the AI Traffic that
could cause FG to exit expectantly.

  Secondly, there should be console output on the window where you
started the fgfs command, can you post that output, this will hopefully
leave a fingerprint of what component went wrong.

   S.