Michael Sweet wrote:

> ...  renam[ing] of everything from Fl_/fl_foo to fltk::foo
> seems like a waste of effort.

I used to hold a similar opinion: That "using namespace foo;" was yet
another needless C++ feature/hack that only reflected a lack of naming
imagination on the part of the author, but I'm beginning to change my mind.

I don't think Bill's idea is to rename "Fl_Foo" to "fltk::Foo", but to
use the pristine form: "Foo".

Yes, it would be a substantial effort, but namespaces are probably the
Right Way(tm), and perhaps are worth the effort.

Jim Wilson

Caveat:  I am not a developer, and would likely be less affected by this
change.  However, I would embrace the change and happily incorporated it
into my FLTK-using code.