On 27.08.2008, at 22:31, Rafal wrote:

> So I would "vote"
> * I would add a bit more debugging code and perhaps even leave more
> important one on even in release (users do not care if applications
> reacts
> to button press in 0.152234 or 0.152216 seconds)

What do you mean by that? I don't have any problems adding for example
assertions where they make sense. Or are you talking about coding
style verification? Or structural control?

Oh, and about your previous points of copying strings: I didn't mean
to say it is bad to copy labels. I merely wanted to point out that an
application always has three times as many widgets as one would
think ;-) . It is always good to provide a library that is tollerant
and helps the user.

I would go even further and not only copy the label, but also pre-
store wrapping information, graphical elements (@-notation), and the
position of possible shortcut-underscores. It would make the
HelpWidget a hudred times faster and speed up the rendering of other
text considerably, and especially on small machines (embedded, PDAs,
etc.) a spiffy interface is IMHO more important than RAM usage (just
don't underestimate the number of widgets ;-)

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/