On 11 Sep 2008, at 19:20, Greg Ercolano wrote:
>       not sure about the font scaling though.. might be a limitation of
>       the default mac font, not sure. I'll try different set_font()
> settings
>       to see if I can fix that.

Another thought - There's now a utf8 font demo program in the test
folder. If you run that from the shell, it will print out the names
of fonts (as seen by fltk) when you "select" them. You could try to
see if that works for you or not (one of the test strings is
Japanese) and try a few different faces to see which ones are good or
otherwise.
Osaka seems good for me, FWIW, although the auto-substitution seems
to be doing a good job...
--
Ian