Hi,ya your absolutely correct. before that i need to say one thing. earlier
while compiling got a an error which some thing like this:-Fl_x.cxx:239: error:
impossible constraint in 'asm'Fl_x.cxx:240: error: impossible constraint in
'asm'Fl_x.cxx:241: error: impossible constraint in 'asm'but i did not inform
you, but got it rectified myself. what i have done is copied X11 from
/usr/lib/X11/ to my toolchain /lib. is that correct method???? if not tell me
from scracth will try to rebuild fltk. have decided to choose fltk for my
product development. IĀ felt fltk is a nice tool kit.This is a very interesting
and tricky situation as I am coming across a lot or errors while compiling.But
I have decided firmly that I will not quit till I achieve my success .And for
this task I need your helping hand.I will remain great full to you through out
my life for the knowledge you have enlightened me with. Regds,VinayakQuoting
"MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 elexgalileo.com>:> As per your direction have removed the lXext> this
time  i got "cannot find  -lX11".OK. Do you have the X-windows client
libraries for your cross-target,and their associated dev packages,
installed?> Even  if i removed the both lXet as well as > -lX11 from
makeinclude, different errors are coming.You can not build fltk without some
windowing system.Under Linux, the usual windowing system is X-windows. So if
your targetuses X-windows as it's display system then you need, at the very
least,to link against X11 (libX11.so probably, or libX11.a possibly.)Now - it
is possible that your target hardware doesn't have an X-windowssystem at all,
and only provides a framebuffer device for display. Ifso, getting fltk to run
on this device is not going to be trivial. There are rumoured to be patches
around to get fltk to build with aframebuffer display device, but I have never
used them, and know nothingabout them.Another possibility is that you
 r target hardware has a minimallightweight X-window system, such as nano-X or
KDrive. Both of theseprovide an API that is essentially similar to a
"real" X-windows system,but you may need to do some work to tweak the
names of the includedfiles and libraries and so forth to get fltk to build.
There used to bea specific port of fltk for nano-X, but I don't know how
current or wellmaintained it is. KDrive should be pretty much a drop-in
replacement fora real X-server so probably will just work, if you link against
thecorrect libraries at build time.However, in either case, a "real"
X-server is a better bet!It is most likely that you simply haven't got the dev
libraries for yourX-windows system in your toolchain, and adding them will make
thingswork.What display system does your target board have?SELEX Sensors and
Airborne Systems LimitedRegistered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin
Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3ELA company registered in England & Wale
 s.  Company no.
 email and any attachments are confidential to the intendedrecipient and may
also be privileged. If you are not the intendedrecipient please delete it from
your system and notify the sender.You should not copy it or use it for any
purpose nor disclose ordistribute its contents to any other