> but the weird thing with this tex to pdf gen is that you make multiple
> passes up to 5, to get the toc in the original doxygen makefile !

Ah! Yes, LaTeX requires multiple passes over the .tex and .aux files
to really work out cross referencing and page numbering. I forgot to
say because I assumed you already knew that.

There's also a flag somewhere to say 'stop after first LaTeX error'
instead of waiting for user input. Don't remember where I saw it though.
That might also be helpful for generating the docs without intervention.

I shall investigate your changes tomorrow evening.

D.