>> However fltk.pdf, also under subversion, was regenerated in the
>> process, but I did not commit this as I think that adding 5Mb for
>> small changes is a bit excessive. I assume that this will only be
>> commited before releases. Was this discussed before?

> AFAICT there was no real discussion/decision about this.
>
> The current habit was to generate the docs (pdf + html) from time to
> time and commit the pdf to svn after greater changes only. I think
> that we should keep that, because someone complained that the big
> fltk.pdf file would be updated everytime when he rolled his svn
> working copy back and forward for test reasons.

OK, that's what I thought. That means I can close STR 2149
(another small burger consumed from the elephant :-)

> But there is more to do: The pdf _and_ html versions should also be
> committed to the web site from time to time.

Hmm. I noticed that the current 1.3.x html links are not working a few
days ago, but I've never investigated how to keep them up to date...

> IIRC, the only one who did this until now was Fabien, who has the most
> recent doxygen and LaTeX versions installed. [...]

In fact I'm working on Lunar Linux which is a rolling source distro,
so it's easier to use the current versions than freeze with old ones,
but IIRC newer versions can add options to the Doxyfile that the older
ones don't like, so we have to be careful here.

> BTW.: I'm not keen on having the pdf file in the source distribution
> at all, but we discussed this already, and until we have a better
> solution, this is okay for me. For the release version I can imagine
> that we would better have a separate fltk-docs package (with pdf and
> html docs).

As I can generate both the html and latex/pdf docs it doesn't cause
me problems, but I can understand that not everyone who wants to try
fltk will want the hassle of installing doxygen, graphviz and latex
and a pre-generated documentation tarball might help here.

Maybe this ties in with what is needed for the web site and we can
kill two birds with one stone...

Cheers
Duncan