> > So I guess it's two bug reports:
> > - bad advice in Fl::event_x_root() doc
> > - Fl_Window::x() incorrect when the system modifies the passed sizes
>
> Never mind about the second, I realized that if you ask for the
> dimensions before show() then of course they may not be the final
> values.  I now emit them on FL_SHOW, which works.
>
> I still don't understand what's going on with event_x_root(), but I
> stopped using it so I suppose I don't need to...

I'll see whether there is some missing update of the event_x_root()
value in the present code.
About the doc: may be its intent is to provide a procedure that works
on subwindows as well as on windows. I agree it's more
intuitive to just do window->x() to get window's screen position,
but this fails if window is a subwindow.