Thanks for your input, Albrecht.

On 17.04.2010, at 20:54, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
> But, as said before: I feel that we should postpone such a redesign
> until we pushed FLTK 1.3, and then we would have to decide how to
> proceed anyway: in which order should we do the following steps:
>
>  - adding new features (STR's from 1.3-feature and 1.4-feature)
>  - completing device separation after discussion and consensus
>  - fusion of FLTK 1 and 2 to FLTK 3
>  - ???
>
> Big steps are coming...

I only brought this up because Manolo is starting with multiple inheritance to
fix the problem that a Graphics Device can not be a printer or a screen at the
same time. I am no fan of multiple inheritance as long as the second class is
used as a pure virtual interface, as Java does it. In most other cases, it is
better to redesign the class hierarchy.

Maybe we can leave the device implementation as is for now and work on the
remaining STR's. The sooner these are fixed, the sooner we can release 1.3.0 .

- Matthias