I've incorporated most of the comments made in the previous thread
Re: [Library] r7530-branches/branch-1.3/src/xutf8

I think that these, more straightforward, changes to mk_wcwidth.c
should now be portable across all platforms, unless someone has an
embedded system where sizeof(unsigned int) is less than 4. Again,
it would be great if someone could confirm that the equivalent of
    gcc -Wall -c src/xutf8/fl_wcwidth.c
compiles without problems on Windows and Mac. If there are no more
issues, I will start looking into linking this into the build.

D.