> BTW.: did you see the new files (and README) in the misc/ directory?
> Particularly the *-utf8.txt files are interesting for FLTK-1.3 tests.

Yes, thanks for those, they clarified a lot of the CP1252 discussion.
I verified that Fl_Text_* handled them correctly after adding the
fl_wcwidth() stuff by displaying them using the test/editor demo.

I've been displaying them using firefox on my Linux box at home with
no problem, and in checking for sparkaround's \0xA4\0x00 character
this morning, I found that firefox on CentOS at work doesn't display
all of them properly. Guess there are some fonts missing here :-(

D.