> I also tried FLTK 2.0 with cp1252_utf-8.txt, and it works
> like a charm. Even
> 0x98 (U+02DC, SMALL TILDE) is displayed and handled correctly
> (WRT cursor
> movement). No line length problems as in FLTK 1.3 - maybe we
> should have a look
> at FLTK 2's implementation?

Well, there's a thing...

Seeing Albrecht's post, I fired up both the fltk-1.3 and fltk-2 editor
demo's, on the winXP box, and opened up both cp1252_utf-8.txt and
cp1252.txt in both.

(So, that's 4 editor instances running...)

Interesting.

Both make a passable looking attempt at displaying cp1252_utf-8.txt -
both look like the .png sample, both display SHY and 0x98 (small tilde)
OK, etc.

However, when displaying cp1252.txt, the fltk-2 editor gets a few glyphs
wrong, but mainly works.

The fltk-1.3 editor fails horribly on any glyph higher than 0x80... It
just seems to go on repeating that glyph up to the end of the current
line.

Now, what's odd about this is:

- fltk-1.3 and fltk-2 are doing different things

- neither are "correct".

I expected, since we have both ERRORS_TO_ISO8859_1 and ERRORS_TO_CP1252
defined in the build, then the "bad" chars in cp1252.txt would be
automatically substituted by their Unicode equivalents, so that as far
as we are concerned, cp1252.txt and cp1252_utf-8.txt really *ought* to
display just the same.

That's what ERRORS_TO_CP1252 is meant to do for us, after all.

Hmm, clearly that's not working, then.

--
Ian

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132